Windows re-installation will not lead to permanent data loss from hard disk, because those files can be recovered with best hard drive recovery software unless the lost files are not overwritten. If you want to retrieve lost files after reinstalling Windows, then stop using the HDD and make sure that you have not saved any data to the hard disk, because this would cause data to be overwritten and permanent data loss. Once the data is overwritten, you have less option left to get back files from hard disks after reinstalling Windows by any data recovery software. Learn more, check this link:http://www.harddriverecoveryutility.com/windows-8.html
Consider Real Time Example: When you are in the process of re-installing Windows Operating System, you may suddenly remember some important files are in the system partition, hard disk or on the desktop. After Windows has been reinstalled, you find that important files have been lost. Usually when you reinstall Windows, 'Documents and Settings' folder will be reinitialized, while the files in that folder will be deleted, and all other previous files will be lost in the system partition. However, these deleted files are recoverable with the help of award winning hard drive recovery utility unless they are not overwritten.
Scenarios responsible for re-installing windows:
- Windows Registry Damage: This is one of the main reasons due to which you need to re-install the OS. Since, the registry stores all the configuration settings and options of the operating system, therefore if any of the registry file is corrupt, damage or erased then operating system will be crashed and results in severe loss of files.
- Using Custom option: While performing windows re-installation process, the system will offer two options to choose that is “Upgrade” and “Custom”. If you unknowingly choose “ Custom” option then it will erase all documents, settings and programs present in your system which leads to entire loss of data present in it
- Interruption occurs while re-installation process: Sometimes, it happens that while re-installing Windows unknown errors like power failure, MBR corruption may occur in between the process that results in loss of data from hard disk drives.
- Other than the above mentioned scenarios, you may need to re-install Windows operating system for proper functioning of your computer system are Windows system files or boot files are deleted or corrupted, hardware failure causes Windows system crash, a fresh Windows installation, fail to remove the virus or spyware, Windows system upgrades or updates and other unknown reasons which cause Windows system unbootable, etc.
How to recover data from hard drive after reinstalling Windows using HDD recovery utility?
Hard drive recovery software is reliable and safe in restoring files from reinstalled Windows and the main thing about this product is that, it does not modify the contents of lost or deleted documents while retrieving. This tool is built with influential scanning engines, which will scan the device severely, recognizes the file types based on its exceptional file signature, and formatted information on HDD. This software not only supports all the versions of Windows, but also performs HD data recovery on Mac operating system. This utility also supports file recovery of data from HFS+, FAT 16, NTFS 5, HFSX, NTFS, FAT32 file systems that are formatted / reformatted hard disk volumes / partitions.
One can effortlessly use this tool to perform Windows 8 hard drive recovery and restore different kinds of file formats like presentations, games, videos, audio, documents, emails etc. Hard drive restoration program also retrieves files from all removable storage devices like USB drive, external hard drive, memory card, FireWire, Thumb Drive, etc. By empowering this tool, one canrecover dead hard drive data in utmost ease.
Precautions to avoid data loss from HDD -
- Avoid adding data on lost partition, because it may leads to permanent data loss.
- Always keep a backup of data on some external storage devices like SD card, USB stick, memory card etc.
- Update your system with latest anti-virus program, to avoid loss of files from hard disk.
Steps to recover data from hard disks after reinstalling windows:
Step-1: Download and install the demo version of hard drive recovery software on your computer's hard disk. After launching the software select “Recover Partitions / Drives” from the welcome screen. Then you’ll get a new window with two different options like “Partition Recovery” and “Formatted / Re Formatted Recovery”. Select Formatted / Re Formatted Recovery option.
Step-2: After that select the drive from which the data is to be retrieved and click on “Next”. The data recovery procedure will start as soon as you click on the “Next” option. You can preview all the data restored from the external hard disk after the recovery process completes.