Raw hard drive means the drive that does not have file system. Sometimes when you try to access hard drive data you may encounter error message which result in inaccessible of files and HDD is shown as RAW. It means OS of your PC could not access hard disk data due to RAW file system. If you check the properties of hard drive then it will display free space as 0 bytes. What next? Formatting the drive is only one option. But if you do so then it will lead to removal of all files from the drive completely.
Some of the error messages which you may receive when hard disk turns RAW are as follows:
- Sectors not found
- The type of the file system is RAW. CHKDSK is not available for Raw drive
- Invalid media types reading drive. Abort, Retry, Fail?
Reasons that may cause loss of files from RAW HDD:
- Bad sectors in HDD: Bad sectors in hard drive take place due to physical damage. If you have bad sectors in hard drive then you may lose files present in that drive. It also leads to partition table corruption as a result of which hard disk turns RAW.
- Power failure: When you are accessing files from the hard drive & if power fluctuation occurs then in such case your files present in the HDD become inaccessible. Also if power fluctuation occurs continuously then also it corrupt the partition table thus creating RAW hard drive.
- Sudden system shut down: If the system terminates all of a sudden due to hard drive failure, system error, virus infection, etc. at the time when you are making any changes or saving data to your hard disk then it can result in loss of data from it. Partition table of the system may also get damaged as a result of sudden termination of the system thus the partition become RAW hard drive.
How do I recover files from RAW hard drive? This question may be going round your mind. But first of all you have to take some steps before performing recovery process. Once you realized that drive has become a RAW drive stop using the hard drive because if you continue to add new data into it, then it will be overwrite the data and it will become impossible to restore those data from the hard drive that has become raw.
Don't worry!!! You will get a perfect solution here. Use hard drive recovery utility to perform RAW hard drive file recovery within short span of time. It can even perform SSD hard drive data recovery with utmost ease on Windows and Mac. This software is an award winning application which is designed by experts & is known for its excellent performance. If you are the one who have faced any of the problems mentioned above then use this tool to find all missing files from RAW hard drive with ease. You can get back files from corrupted partition of external HDD of different brands such as Toshiba, Hitachi, Seagate, WD, etc. It is designed with a powerful algorithm so that it can extract data from partition HDD and root directory as well. There are other data loss reasons like accidental deletion, partition error, software malfunction, malware infection, etc. The application works perfectly to recover hard drive data of MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac mini and other popular Mac laptop, PCs. In all such cases you will be able to find missing files using this software. Formatting is the most common issue faced by most of the computer users. But you don't have to worry as by making use of this software you can recover formatted hard drive data. For info about the recovery procedure click the mentioned link.
Carry out the following steps to recover files from RAW hard drive:
Step 1: Run hard drive recovery utility then launch it. Then select Recover Drives from the home screen window as shown in Fig A.
Fig. A: Welcome window
Step 2: Then you will get two different options, select Partition Recovery
Fig.B: Select Option
Step 3: Select the drive from the list of available drives from which you want to get back data and then click on Next button to start recovery procedure as shown in Fig C
Fig.C: Select drive
Step 4: After the completion of the recovery process you can view all the restored data.
Fig.D: Recovered Data